Growth Mindset - Learn from Other Students.

The aim of this task was to explore a page where students post short notes on the topic of Growth Mindset. This exercise taught me new ways of approaching growth mindset.

Screenshot of student growth mindset thoughts forum.
Source here.

Some that stood out to me:

1. G.R.O.W - Go rip open windows.

"Sometimes in order to grow, you have to seek out opportunities.  You have to force the window open.  This resonates with me because I'm a pretty passive person, so I don't really look for opportunities too often. I need to remember to look for opportunities to grow."

This post stood out to me as I tend to live in my comfort zone quite often and don't really seek opportunities to better myself.

2. Take time to grow.

"I want to pay more attention to the growth rather than the speed. I always try to learn things quickly and have many times crammed before an exam without actually learning the concepts. I feel like it is important to give yourself time to grow rather than rushing a process and ultimately becoming discouraged with the learning process."

This was another post that I caught myself really thinking long and hard about. I think the most important thing to take from this persons idea is quality is always more important over quantity.

3. Find the right strategy.

"As I got into my core level science courses, I was constantly challenged and felt defeated when I studied hard and did not get the grade I expected. College has taught me that even if you work hard, it will be difficult to succeed in that particular course if you do not have the right strategy."

I cannot stress this one enough. Time management, to do lists, etc really can have a huge impact on your overall workflow. Unfortunately I failed miserably with my time management this year. However, I have learned from my mistakes and hope to do better in my second semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a CDM student.

Original Game Brainstorm.

Game Vision Statement