Original Game Brainstorm.

If I was to make a game, I would like it to be simple yet effective and addictive, thus why I came up with the following ideas:

1. As my first idea I thought of something very simple and easy, a game where the aim of the game is to stack objects (e.g different animated animals) on one another, until the user misses the stack or the stack topples over. The objects will keep alternating from left to right, and when the user thinks that it aligns perfectly with the stack underneath they can release the object to fall onto the stack below. It's a very basic idea, but I think it makes it all the more addictive, as the objective is simple and achievable by almost everyone. In terms of levels, I think it would be cool to make different levels that are optional, but only unlocked after receiving a certain amount of points on the first level. These other levels could include like different shapes or a time mode, to see how many can be stacked in a certain amount of time. Another mode could be a fast mode where the object alternates very fast from left to right making it harder to stack them on one another. Another feature that could be added is "create your own shapes" which is where you can draw your own shapes ( e.g 5 min, 15 max) and then use them to play your own level, also along the lines of this could be where you create your own shapes but within the shapes you can add pictures from your camera roll inside the shapes.
Inspiration: The Perfect Tower.

2. As my second idea, I would like the user to be able to choose a character. Once chosen, I would have the character constantly running in a straight line, but all the while there's obstacles coming in their direction, so they either have to jump or duck. I think it would be cool to have a few levels of difficulty for this one also. It would also be more interesting if while they were running they were given opportunities to collect coins which can allow them to buy extra lives or equipment that can help them run faster/ slow time down/ coin magnets or even fly for a short period of time. I would also maybe add secret passage ways which are hard to find but contain loads of coins.
Inspiration: Stick Run.

3. For my third idea I would like a more mind challenging game, where the user is under time pressure to figure out answers/ solve puzzles to move onto another level. Such puzzles could include a number of balls moving around the screen and having to guess how many there are/ a mini maze where you have to guess if A, B or C is the exit/ a maze where you're a little dot but you can't touch the sides or just having to answer general knowledge questions, but I would like it to kind of be a series of mini games. Obviously, the higher the level the harder the questions, and puzzles are to solve. For the general knowledge questions it would just be basic maths, nothing too hard, or any other questions that someone wouldn't really know could be a multiple choice.
Inspiration: The Stupid Test Game.

4. Lastly I would like to create a game where once again you get the option to select a character, once chosen, the character will be put into a maze with a short amount of time to figure the way out, or the "exit" as it would be called. I would also like to add levels to this, so as the levels go on the difficulty increases, meaning you're still timed but this time you may have to find a key that must be used somewhere before being able to get out the "exit". Another possible idea for a level is you could be chased by a monster and if caught then you loose. Lastly another thought through possibility could be where you're in the dark and can only see a few metres ahead of you, making it harder to know where you're going or to even recognise or remember where you are. There could also be added secret passages where you can gain extra life or extra time.
Inspiration: none.

Snapshot of Pac Man. This game inspires me as it is a game that is seen as simple enough for anyone to play, but very addictive and fun.
Source here.

Comments

  1. hey Marixa!,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post, 'game brainstorm' today. I found this blog post really interesting and informative to read. Your game ideas are very good. I especially liked your third game idea where it's a mind challenging puzzle game. I think that this idea is really cool and would wok out really well. I can't wait to see you further develop your ideas.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marixa!
    Your blog post was a really enjoyable read. You definitely have some fun game ideas there. My favorite idea of the four is your first one. This game reminds me of Tetris. Having different levels and shapes to play with will really add to the games overall playability in my opinion. Good luck with whatever game to decide to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marixa:)
    After reading you blog I really enjoyed it and I think you have a lot of exciting ideas for the brainstorm. Out of the four ideas, my favourite one is your second idea. Personally I love those type of game such as temple run. I really interested in this game idea and I cant wait to see how you will work on them later on.
    Have a nice day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a CDM student.

Tech Task - How to Secure your Smartphone!