Unity Tutorial 1


Unity logo.
Source here.

Today I watched two videos on the basics and fundamentals of Unity. The aim of these tutorials is to observe and learn to be able to apply all techniques to my own game, created via Unity.

What I learned:

- When you open Unity for the first time theres a default layout, although everything is changeable.
- There's a hierarchy on the left, this is where you store all your game objects within the scene.
- Scene view is whew you store everything visually.
- Left click - selects.
- Right click - lets you pan around and view your area.
- Game tab allows you to see what your game is like when someone plays it.
- Project window is where you store assets e.g game objects, textures or scripts.
-You can change what platform you want your game to be played on.
- All coding done on Unity is on C sharp.
- Pressing F allows you to focus in your selected object.
- X axis = Red arrow / Y axis = Green arrow / Y axis = Blue arrow.
- Scale is the size of the object.
- A Box Collider is used when you don't want your player to be able to walk through an object.

What I enjoyed:


Screenshots of me trying some techniques on Unity.

I really enjoyed messing around with the terrain, creating and smoothening hills and curves. It was interesting adding colours and textures and using the opacity to blend them

What I'm looking forward to:

I'm really looking forward to actually starting my own game and learning more techniques that I can include when creating my own.


Comments

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a CDM student.

Original Game Brainstorm.

Tech Task - How to Secure your Smartphone!