Game Vision Statement

Source here.

Game genre:

Survival horror 
Survival horror is a sub-genre of video games inspired by horror fiction that focuses on survival of the character as the game tries to frighten players with either horror graphics or scary ambiance.

I think my game definitely goes under this genre because the player is in a haunted and scary environment, and the aim is to escape and survive.


Image of Survival horror game "Haunting Ground"
Source here.

Gameplay: 

These are the features of a video game, such as its plot and the way it is played, as distinct from the graphics and sound effects.

My game is set in modern day. The main character of this game is a journalist and discovers a haunted house in the middle of no where. He/ she goes to said haunted house in the middle of a deserted plain to document it and do a little research, without considering the consequences. 
It is the middle of the day and there is still sunlight so the house is well illuminated.
The house is old and creaky, and seems very creepy. The main character believes it's best to start from the top of the house and work their way down. 
At the top of the three story building, it becomes apparent that there is a strange smell. While inspecting the master bedroom, the protagonist decides to take a glance under the huge bed in the room, underneath there is a decomposing body. The character faints and then wakes up hours later dazed and disorientated soon realizing the door has been locked someone, or something has been in the room while she was sleeping and the dead body has been dragged out. 

Resources Required:



For this game I will use Unity to help me create my final output. After completing all my tutorials I'm confident that the my final piece should resemble my vision and research completed. 

Comments

  1. Hey Marixa!
    I found reading this blog post very interesting. It really gave me a great insight into the type of game you're going to make. I love how detailed the backstory is, I can tell you put a lot of effort into coming up with the idea. Can't wait to see how your final game turns out. Good luck with the development and other blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a CDM student.

Original Game Brainstorm.