Growth mindset


Picture of a brain working out.
Source here.

Growth mindset is the belief that you are in control of your own ability, and can learn and improve. It is seen as the key to success. Hard work, effort and persistence are all important, but not as important as having that underlying belief that you are in control of your own destiny.


How do you see yourself on the spectrum of growth-fixed mindset in your school work? what about in other aspects of your life?

Personally, I believe that my abilities lie somewhere in-between a fixed and a growth mindset. Specifically in college work, I find myself outside my comfort zone a lot as it's a huge change from primary and secondary school. Although, with this I learn new ways to approach different subjects and tasks. These new experiences can help develop not only academic skills but also helps within my life outside of college. 

What are your biggest challenges as you set about learning new things?

The biggest challenge about learning new things is definitely trying to adapt to new scenarios that I wouldn't usually be used to, how do I know what to do if I've never been in that situation before? College is definitely a new scenario to me, with that I have a bunch of new subjects and tasks that come with it. The best way to learn from it all is through trial and error. Everyone makes mistakes at some point and all one can do is just learn from them. 

Do you have any personal learning goals for this semester?

For this semester I've realised that what I would like to learn the most is good use of time management. The increase in work this year has been insane in comparison to last year and if I could nail down a solid time management schedule that would be a big improvement and achievement for myself!

Comments

  1. Hi Marixa, I really like your blog! I like the image you attached you make some great points in this blog. I find all your points very relatable to myself as I progress in college :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a CDM student.

Original Game Brainstorm.

Tech Task - How to Secure your Smartphone!