Time Strategies.

Photo of a figure managing time. 


For this post, I read '11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time' by Aine Cain. I found the article very useful as it helped me realise a lot of flaws within my own time management mismanagement. One of the ways people mismanage time stated was the problem of getting distracted easily, which I can very much relate to. Whether it be 2 minutes to check my phone, or just looking out the window, I always seem to have problems focusing for a long period of time, and reading through this article made me realise that it can all add up and have a serious knock on affect to my productivity. This problem also links in with the next point raised, which was the act of procrastination, once I start getting distracted it's very easy to start procrastinating and putting off the work that needs to be done. All together there was a strong 11 points that helped me realise not how to do thing right but what I was doing wrong, and by realising this I think I can now avoid repeating these mistakes.

Following Aine Cain's article I thought it would be beneficial to read the article 'Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination' by Peter Banerjea. In this article, Banerjea recommends that the best way to get started is by breaking the project up into smaller sub-tasks and then picking the smallest one to start on. Personally I never thought of this technique, but after reading it I think it could be a very useful way to tackle many of my second year course work. Most importantly he asks the reader to think about what would happen if the work doesn't get done, I thought this was a very powerful paragraph because I never take time to considered the consequences of my actions. He suggests that all the fear and worry you experience when under stress for producing work should be channeled into remaining hyper-vigilant - always preparing, making contingency plans, and taking action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a CDM student.

Original Game Brainstorm.

Tech Task - How to Secure your Smartphone!